Red Tree Builders is a locally owned company who relies on a solid work ethic, transparency, and great communication. We are truly a team of people who like to work together to get things done as a team.
We are looking for a finish carpenter who can do mainly cabinet installs and punch list items. The ideal candidate will have experience in all areas of carpentry, finish work, trim, cabinets and a very good eye for details. If you're not detailed this position is not for you. We keep our employees busy with 40 hours a week and rarely work Saturdays unless someone really wants to. Candidates need to be detail oriented, reliable, and hardworking.
- Finish carpentry (Base, Case, Cabinetry)
- Metal experience (Not essential but desired)
- Communication skills
- Minor drywall repair
- Problem solving
- High attention to detail is required
- Reliable and on time every day
- Motivated and positive attitude
Job Type: Full-time
Red Tree Builders seeks a full-time Site Superintendent responsible for overseeing new home construction of the highest quality. This position offers a competitive salary and bonus structure.
Committed to the mission of Red Tree, the applicant we seek will have experience with new construction of homes using Green Building practices, working with trade partners, selection of building materials and supplies with ability to organize work and to motivate. Knowledge of the NC Green Built program is a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and ensure all work on Red Tree new home construction, including work performed by trade contractors, is in accordance with final drawings/selections, building codes, best building practices and approved budget.
- Study and understand specifications and contractual agreements with clients to plan and schedule for all phases of construction.
- Responsible for execution of change orders and following proper protocol.
- Visit jobsites on an ongoing basis focusing on quality, schedule and client service/satisfaction.
- Supervise, oversee the use and work, motivate, and give recognition to all trade partners of the company.
- Coordinates and manages subcontractors work and suppliers in order to ensure budgets are met.
- Assure proper control, maintenance, storage, and security of all materials, tools and equipment.
- Make certain that needed materials, tools, and equipment are available on site in timely manner.
- Work in a collaborative way with local inspectors with various entities on new home construction.
- Assist in development of construction job budgets and provide oversight concerning construction costs so that jobs stay in budget.
- Provide documentation, job information and support management as needed.
- Participate in weekly company team meeting to provide complete job updates.
- Serve as Construction Services representative at various meetings throughout the job.
- Observe job conditions, consult with client (as required and as needed) regarding job parameters, understand and uphold company outline of job parameters.
- Understand and enforce the company safety policies in accordance with OSHA and also by establishing a culture that stresses safety on the job.
- Provide jobsite measurements and jobsite details along with keeping the job site clean.
- Create take-off of job materials, quantities and labor from architectural plans or scope of work
- Obtain quotes and availability for all materials (along with specifications), services, and provide thorough review to ensure best cost advantage.
- Coordinate delivery and/or pick up of materials for efficient job scheduling
- Order and review confirmation of any and all orders for accuracy.
- Scheduling of trade partners, sub-contractors and vendors for timely and accurate job performance.
- Updating Red Tree’s online project schedule. Uploading photos of house to online portal.
- Responsible for detailed punch list work including carpentry, drywall, touch paint, and other items.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Two-year or four-year college degree is preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 5 years job-site management in all phases of residential and/or commercial construction.
- Knowledge of residential construction and remodeling trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, and safety.
- Read blueprints, utilize appropriate communication, demonstrate solid leadership, component computer skills including Excel, email and phone skills, keeping subcontractors and vendors updated relating to scheduling and performance, and demonstrate good character and moral decision making.
- Valid and current driver’s license
- The ability to perform tasks on all areas and aspects of construction projects.
- The ability to climb extension ladders on the steep mountain terrain.
- The ability to work on roofs and other heights.
- The ability to work in crawlspaces and underneath homes or structures.
- The ability to work with tools, lumber and other materials.
- The ability to lift and manipulate objects weighing up to 80 lbs.
Red Tree Builders an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Red Tree Builders offers full-time employees health insurance, paid time-off and Simple IRA Contribution benefits. If you're interested in applying for any of these positions, click here.